Thursday, June 4, 2009

G-d Will Understand

Tonight my mom had a stroke in the vast wilderness of the Berkshires in Western Massachusetts. They are flying her to Boston tonight. She seems alright, but it is scary. At any rate, my upcoming vacation to visit her next week may move up fast to tomorrow. I had my Midrash for tomorrow about half done but its not all done and I pretty much can't focus so... Unless I get a guest writer for tomorrow, there may be no Midrash this week. I invite you all to send me a comment with your "author" name and your e-mail so I can give permission for your Midrash to be published here. What is most important about this week's portion, Naso 2 as it were, is that it contains the "priestly benediction". I am not a "priest" but I will leave you with it nevertheless. "May G-d bless and keep you; May G-d make his countenance to shine upon you; May G-d lift up his countenance upon you and give you the gift of Shalom, of peace." There are lots of translations, and there is a blessing that precedes it (we have to bless everything; orthodox children have Baruch Bees to learn all the blessings!) G-d will understand that I am not a priest and that there is no Midrash from me this week. I will take the Shalom and run!

No comments:

Post a Comment