Sunday, June 14, 2009

Off the Grid

So...I have been off the grid in the wilds of the New England hills. The good news is that my mom is going to be fine and her sojourn in the eastern part of the state (Boston to be exact) meant a good diagnosis and they have determined that she has not been having strokes but some other non-life-threatening neurological incidents. We had a wonderful visit although not restful. Little tv, very little internet, not much phone. Reading, eating and taking care of everyone (as per usual). It rained the whole time but the cool air felt wonderful. Anyway this is a short note. As you all can see perfectly well I missed another shabbat. The good news is that I didn't really miss shabbat. It is always shabbat whether I write something or not, whether I go to temple or not, whether I light the candles or not. That is the beauty of shabbat, it happens in spite of me, or any of us. I am so happy to be that unimportant. At any rate, I am happy to be home and happy to be back on the grid. I hope to invite other authors to this blog. If you wish to be an author, rather than a "commenter". Please e-mail me or "comment" me or facebook me. I will send an "invite" to you via e-mail and you will be able to post your very own dvar torah here. Then it won't matter so much if I "miss" shabbat.

No comments:

Post a Comment